My Shopping List
Courtesy of The incredible edible egg™
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 20 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 8 eggs
+ 1 (8 oz.) carton lowfat cottage cheese
+ 2 c. shredded Mexican cheese, divided
+ 1 Tbsp. butter
+ 1 c. coarsely chopped onion
+ 1 tsp. minced garlic
+ 2 (4-oz.) cans or 1 (7-oz.) can diced green chiles, slightly drained
+ 1/2 c. reduced-fat sour cream, optional
+ 1/2 c. chunky salsa, optional
+ cilantro sprigs, optional
What to do:
1. Beat eggs; add cottage cheese and 1 c. Mexican cheese, blend well; set aside.
2. In a 10", non-stick, oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add onion and garlic; sauté until onion is tender, about 5-7 min.
3. Add green chilies and stir to mix. Pour egg mixture over vegetables in skillet; cook for 2-3 min. or until mixture looks set around the rim.
4. Keeping mixture in skillet, bake in 350ºF oven until knife inserted in center of dish comes out clean or about 20-25 min. Sprinkle with remaining cup of cheese and place under broiler for about 1 min. to brown and melt cheese (watch carefully).
5. Cut into wedges and serve with reduced-fat sour cream and salsa and garnish with sprigs of cilantro, if desired.
Hint: To make the skillet oven-proof, wrap the handle with aluminum foil.
"For more ways to enjoy The incredible edible egg™, visit incredibleegg.org"
Calories: 362; Total Fat: 24g; Cholesterol: 388mg; Total Carbs: 9g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 25g; Sodium: 782mg;