My Shopping List
Courtesy of The incredible edible egg™
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 lb. ground beef
+ 4 eggs
+ 4 Kaiser rolls, split
+ 4 lettuce
+ 4 tomato slices
+ ketchup, optional
+ mustard, optional
What to do:
1. Shape ground beef into four 1/2" thick patties. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place patties in skillet; cook, uncovered, 10 to 12 min. to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Season with salt and pepper. Remove and keep warm.
2. In same skillet, cook eggs as desired. (see below)
3. Place lettuce on bottom half of each bun. Top with tomato, burger and egg; close sandwiches. Serve with condiments, if desired.
* For Sunny-Side-Up Eggs: Heat 2 tsp. butter in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Break eggs and slip into pan, one at a time. Immediately reduce heat to low. Cover pan and cook slowly until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 5 to 6 min. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
* For Over-Easy or Over-Hard Eggs: Cook as for Sunny-Side-Up, but do not cover pan. When whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, Slide turner under each egg and carefully flip it over in pan. Cook second side to desired doneness, 30 sec. to 1 min.
* For Basted Eggs: Cook as for Sunny-Side-Up, but use 2 Tbsp. butter and do not cover pan. Cook until edges turn white, about 1 minute. Begin basting eggs with butter from pan. Cover pan between bastings and continue cooking until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 4 to 5 min.
* For Steam-Basted Eggs: Cook as for Sunny-Side-Up, but use 1 tsp. butter or a light coating of cooking spray. Cook until edges turn white, about 1 min. Add 1 tsp. water to pan. Cover pan tightly. Continue cooking until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 4 to 5 min.
"For more ways to enjoy The incredible edible egg™, visit incredibleegg.org"
Calories: 451; Total Fat: 21g; Saturated Fat: 7g; Cholesterol: 259mg; Total Carbs: 31g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 33g; Sodium: 743mg;