My Shopping List
Graham Cracker Crust
Courtesy of The incredible edible egg™
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 8-10 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1-1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs (about 4-oz.)
+ 1/4 c. sugar
+ 1/3 c. (2/3 stick) butter, room temperature
What to do:
1. Heat oven to 350°F. MIX graham cracker crumbs and sugar in medium bowl. Add butter; mix until thoroughly blended.
2. Press crumb mixture evenly and firmly against bottom and sides of 9-in. pie plate.
3. Bake in 350°F oven until center is firm to the touch and edge is lightly browned, 8 to 10 min. Cool completely on wire rack.
* Graham cracker crumbs: If using whole graham crackers, process in blender or food processor, or place in plastic bag, seal bag and crush with rolling pin or flat side of meat pounder.
* Graham Cracker Nut Crumb Crust Variation: Substitute 1/2 c. (about 2 oz.) ground almonds, pecans or walnuts for 1/2 c. of the graham cracker crumbs.
* Chocolate Crumb Crust Variation: Substitute 1-1/2 c. fine chocolate wafer crumbs for graham cracker crumbs; omit sugar.
"For more ways to enjoy The incredible edible egg™, visit incredibleegg.org"
Calories: 158; Total Fat: 9g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 20mg; Total Carbs: 18g; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 1g; Sodium: 96mg;