My Shopping List
Caribbean Fish Fillet
Courtesy of National Diabetes Educational Program
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 18 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 2 Tbsp. olive oil
+ 1 medium onion, chopped
+ 1/2 c. chopped red pepper
+ 1/2 c. carrots, cut in strips
+ 1 clove garlic, minced
+ 1/2 c. dry white wine
+ 3/4 lb. whitefish fillet (red snapper, perch, tilapia, etc.)
+ 1 large tomato, chopped
+ 2 Tbsp. pitted ripe olives, chopped
+ 2 Tbsp. crumbled feta cheese or low-fat ricotta cheese
What to do:
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, red pepper, carrot, and garlic; sauté 10 min. Add wine and bring to boil. Push vegetables to one side of the pan.
2. Arrange fillets in a single layer in center of skillet. Cover; cook for 5 min..
3. Add tomato and olives. Top with cheese. Cover; cook 3 min., or until fish is firm but moist.
4. Transfer fish to serving platter; garnish with vegetables and pan juices.
* Ocean perch may be substituted for red snapper.
The fish can be served on top of the vegetables along with rice pilaf and garnished with parsley. Salmon, rockfish, ocean perch, or even chicken breast can be used in place of red snapper.
Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio
Calories: 220; Calories From Fat: 80; Total Fat: 10g; Cholesterol: 35mg; Total Carbs: 8g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 19g; Sodium: 160mg;